China’s Aid and Soft Power in Africa, Kenneth King, James Currey Ed. 2013
Why does China run one of the world’s largest short-term training programmes, with plans to bring 30,000 Africans to China between 2013 and 2015? (…)
Why is China one of the very few countries to increase the number of full scholarships for Africans to study in its universities, a total of 18,000 anticipated between 2013 and 2015 ? more
- 1 China & Africa: Origins, documents & discourses in relation to human resource development
- 2 China’s higher education partnerships with Africa: Modalities for mutual cooperation?
- 3 African students in China: Changing characteristics, contexts & challenges
- 4 Chinese enterprise & training in Africa: A theatre for win-win cooperation?
- 5 China & traditional donors: Convergence or divergence?
- 6 China’s soft power in Africa: Past, present & future
- 7 Conclusion – Appendix